Without the aid of fancy machines, I made a soy vanilla latte that tastes pretty good. Of course, it’s only my first attempt, but it was good enough to make a second cup!
How did I do it? I’m glad you asked! Brace yourselves, it’s pretty difficult…
- Prepare espresso in regular coffee maker.
- Heat 6 oz Vanilla Soy Milk in a measuring cup on microwave until it just starts to bubble up.
- Check temperature of soy milk with a technical device … your hands on the side of the cup! Heat a bit more if desired.
- With a small whisk, stir briskly until frothy.
- Put a teaspoon of Truvia into mug.
- Pour 2 to 3 oz of espresso into mug and swirl with sweetener.
- Using a spoon to block the foam, pour soy milk into mug.
- Spoon foam on top of latte.