MOBILE MONDAY comes from my Surface tablet this week.
I’m sitting at a small table at Panera Bread enjoying a half order of Cobb Salad with avocado, iced tea with lemon, and a French Baguette while listening to Pandora through earbuds. First song by Bon Iver. Cool. Next song … La Vienne Rose. I closed my eyes and imagined I was at a café on a street in Paris. Daydreaming is good for the soul.
People watching is fun but with earbuds in, it’s easy to disappear in the crowd. I’m in my own little world with my French music. Watching people without hearing them is nearly as interesting.
- An older couple that appear to be in a quarrel.
- Two at a table deep in conversation; possibly a lunch date.
- Ladies meeting with a friendly hug.
- A young lady sitting at the next table, holding her purse and keys, seems to be waiting for someone.
- A guy checking his phone in line waving the next guy ahead of him; he decides to sit and check his phone further before ordering.
- A mother and young son – the boy has headphones on; she puts her arm around him.
- An employee cleaning up the coffee station and changing a trash bag.
- A gentleman in a nice suit enters and holds the door open for the next guy in a t-shirt and jogging pants. The suited gentleman is who the young lady was waiting for! They exchange smiles and get in line.
- A little boy drives his Hot Wheels car over counters and runs in circles.
- A young woman in a corner seat pecks away at her laptop.
- Four men at the other end of the restaurant each with laptops out.
- That little boy running back and forth on the all-weather rug, stopping to playfully spank his mum’s bum with both hands before turning and running the rug again.
- People in nice clothes; probably on their work lunch break.
- A middle-aged couple eating at a table outside in the unseasonably warm sunshine.
- Two elderly ladies walk in together. Old friends? Me someday.
- An older guy fills a cup with hot water and chooses a teabag before grabbing a newspaper; he sits a table behind me.
- Two more ladies with kiddos enter – one with two girls and the other with one girl. Mommy meet-up?
- An elderly couple both with snow white hair.
- A guy in a suit with a black backpack; possibly working through lunch or meeting someone.
I’d love to continue observing people, but I’m off to a hair appointment. I’m getting a little too long on top to deal with. Toutes de la fruit!
Follow me on Facebook!