One of those Boring Posts

You know the ones … nothing but a run-down on what’s been going on in my life for the past week or two.

I was given a third antibiotic for a persistent UTI.  I started with Macrobid, and then I was put on Cipro.  This time they tried Bactrim.  Just like on the other two antibiotics, I got horrible headaches daily.  On day six, I woke up in pain as if my bones were actually hurting.  I don’t know if that’s truly where the pain was coming from, but that’s the only way to describe it.  It had me in tears.  I had a fever of 100.4 and thought I had a virus on top of it all.  I took one more pill not making the connection yet.  Then the itching started, and that was the end of that bottle of pills!  I barely slept through the night through the itching and woke up with a fever of 101.3 on Sunday.  That was the height of it, though.  Once it broke a couple hours later, it didn’t come back.  I left a message for my doctor Monday morning, and he called back that evening.  Tuesday morning I woke up with a rash from my shoulders to my knees that slowly crept up to my cheeks later in the day.  Doc prescribed prednisone.  The rash is clearing now.

Before all of that came to a head, we had visitors staying with us.  My brother-in-law and his family were here from Monday through Thursday.  My in-laws were also in town, but they stayed with my sister-in-law and her family up north.  We did all get together for dinner at Jim-n-Nick’s one evening.  That went well until the end.  I don’t want to get into details here, but it’s obvious that assumptions have been made and I feel like I’m being made out to be the bad guy again.  Please don’t go looking for reasons that just aren’t there.  The bottom line is that we are all very busy, and life is constantly pulling all of us in many different directions.  There is nothing personal about our lack of time to spend together.  That’s all!  I’m lucky if I have ONE Saturday per month that has nothing planned, and Greg works on Sundays.

Monday, I was still pretty bed ridden, but I managed to get up on Tuesday and work on my calendar.  I made appointments for the boys, Greg, and myself to get eye exams, and I was also able to schedule Jason’s oral surgery.  Josh’s eye exam was yesterday morning.  We waited a few hours for his pupils to get back to normal, then we headed to Cherry Creek State Park for senior photos for the boys and Jason’s girlfriend.  I edited all of those before going to bed last night – three hours of work!

Jason’s surgery was today.  We finally got home about 3:00.  I waited until 3:30 before leaving to get the prescriptions filled for his pain meds and to make a grocery run while waiting for it to be filled.  I wanted to make sure he got the gauze changed first.  Then I still had to take Miranda up to her school’s open house/ice cream social to find out who her teacher is going to be.  We didn’t get home from that until after 6:00, and by then my slight stabbing in my left temple had turned into an all-out headache with tension down my neck.  Three ibuprofen hadn’t made a dent in it, so three hours after those, I took two Tylenol.  It’s tolerable now at 9:30, but I’m definitely ready for bed!

So I’m going to leave instructions for Greg to give Jason more pills if he needs them at 11:30 because I have to get up early tomorrow to take Ali to the high school for freshmen orientation.

After the last two weeks, I think it will be nice to get back to work next week and have the kids back in school.  I’m exhausted!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s